Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Nanny

Nanny, as her grandchildren affectionately called her, was my Mom's Mother. She was smiles and laughter. Nanny was my last living Grandparent. Lou Gearigs disease took her body, but not her heart. She was smiles and laughter until the day He came for her. Some things this Earthly life can snatch away and some things it can't. This morning I gave Eli a bath. While I was dressing him, he started yelling Nanny, Nanny, Nanny. I froze. Have I ever spoke that sweet name in his presence? It brought me to her. The remembering of my childhood and all that she injected into it. I put Eli down for a nap and found myself dusting my hutch. And, there she was...in a picture, on a porch, flowers behind her...smiling. I paused from this life for a moment and thanked her. When she could hardly talk near the end, she whispered, held my hand and told me she was praying for me. She was dying and praying for me?! She passed and I became pregnant with Eli after almost 3 and a half years of not conceiving. I thank God that I come from praying people. Eli is smiles and laughter, he comes by it naturally. I will pray for my precious son...a prayer that this world won't steal his sunshine. Thank you, Father, for my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment